You must comply with the requirements of your Scout or Guide Association. This ensures that each Group has an appropriate Permit/Licence holder, First Aider etc.

For UK groups the requirements are:

  • UK Scout/Explorer groups must have one leader with valid Nights Away Camping Permit
  • UK Guide/Ranger groups must have one leader with Going Away Camping Licence

Leaders for UK groups are responsible for ensuring all adults (anyone aged 18+) have a valid DBS/PVG/Access NI check.