General Terms and Conditions
- Chamboree is a jamboree run by Cheshire County Scout Council.
- Chamboree will be run under the rules laid out in the UK Scout Association Policy, Organisation and Rules (POR) and the policies of Girlguiding UK, The Guiding Manual and specific Chamboree Policies. All Participants, Leaders and volunteers must comply with these Policies, Rules and Instructions.
- Actions of any Participant, Leader or member of Staff which breaches the UK Scout Association’s – Policy, Organisation and Rules (POR) and/or Girlguiding – The Guiding Manual, or any behaviour which is likely to cause offence, nuisance, damage or criminal damage, injury or bring The Scout Association, Girlguiding or Chamboree into disrepute will be addressed by the Camp Chief who will decide an appropriate course of action. Among other sanctions, this may include a request to leave the event, in which case, costs incurred following a request to leave the camp shall be the responsibility of the individual or camping unit.
- The Organisers of Chamboree retain the right to amend, alter or vary the advertised/promised programme without being obliged to give a refund of all or any part of the fee.
- The Leaders and Staff who are Scout and Guide Members 18 or over must be able to provide their DBS valid until the last day of the camp. International Leaders and Staff must comply with equivalent Child Protection / Safeguarding requirements of their home country and when requested, present evidence to the Chamboree Organisers. If Adults fail to fulfil these requirements they will not be allowed on site and will not be eligible for a refund.
- Leaders are responsible for ensuring Leader to Participant ratios are satisfied.
- Participants, leaders and staff attending Chamboree shall not undertake trade or commercial activities on site without prior written permission of the Camp Chief.
- Fees paid at any time to the camp during the booking process are non-refundable – except in accordance with the Cancellation Policy (see below).
- In the unlikely event that Chamboree is cancelled due to circumstances beyond the control of the Organisers or the Scout or Guide Counties, money will be refunded to the extent that money has not already been expended or committed to be spent. This may mean that no fees can be refunded, as such Camping Groups and individuals are therefore to be encouraged to take out appropriate adequate insurance for this eventuality.
- Places at Chamboree are allocated subject to the organising teams right to alter or vary the programme without being obliged to refund all or any part of the fee. This may include the publicised activities.
- Camp Fees excludes all food, travel to and from the event, the provision of personal or unit equipment – including camping equipment, or insurance of personal or unit equipment.
- Whilst being mindful of individual circumstances, the Policy of Chamboree is that all Deposits and Payments are Non-Refundable.
- Chamboree will however entertain replacement participants in the event that a particular person is unable to attend. These alterations will be dealt with on an individual basis and it should not be assumed that all requests for alterations of personnel will be sanctioned. In particular – last minute replacements will not be allowed.
- In respect of those persons who have paid the full amount who are unable to attend and are unable to find a replacement – the camp will consider requests for refunds – but these will again be dealt with on an individual basis – after the camp has finished, and only if there are sufficient funds available to make the payment.